Any individual who has completed a PDC may apply to become an
Benefits of becoming an affiliated by PEG
- Verifies that you have a sound understanding of the ethics and principles of Permaculture and are endorsed by PINZ to teach permaculture, and PDC courses
- Provides access to a peer support network of other teachers
- Connects your teaching work to the PiNZ umbrella body and gives your students access to the feedback and complaints process
- Gives the ability to use the PiNZ logo on your certificates and promotional material
- Gives you the ability to promote your Permaculture NZ courses on the PiNZ website, PiNZ Facebook page and other PiNZ media
- Provides discounted PiNZ membership for your PDC graduates
- Access to a template Permaculture Design Certificate design for use (use is voluntary)
- Allows you to be part of the decision-making around awarding of Permaculture Diplomas, teacher affiliation, and the strategic direction of permaculture education in Aotearoa NZ
Obligations of a PiNZ affiliated teacher
- You must retain current financial membership of PiNZ
- You must sign up all your PDC graduates as members of PiNZ at a discounted rate of $10 per student
Your application will be sent to the PEG group and we will let you know within 6 weeks of receiving it if we require more information or whether your application is successful.
Please send an application letter of no more than one A4 page to the PEG co-ordinator Dee Turner .
Include the following:
Your Contact Details
Your PDC teachers, date and venue
How your work to date embodies the ethics and principles of permaculture.
Your teaching experience in Permaculture or other areas.
Where you plan to be teach.
What courses will you teach? (eg PDC / Intro to permaculture / Advanced courses)
A brief outline of your curriculum/ teaching plan
Please also attach an endorsement from your PDC teachers or other relevant credible permaculturalists that you have a sound understanding of the ethics and principles of Permaculture and are ready to teach.
Thank you for your interest
Permaculture Educator Group Co-ordinator