In conjunction with the 2017 National Hui in Kaiwaka at ANZAC weekend, a Permaculture Design Certificate course will be held.
Permaculture Design Certificate Course
8-21 April 2017
with Trish Allen, Daniel Tohill & guests
13 day intensive residential course to be held at the Otamatea Eco-Village on the beautiful Kaipara Harbour. This Course fulfils the standard requirements of the international permaculture curriculum.
$1,800 fully inclusive of tuition, food and camping (own tent). Some indoor accommodation may be available.
The course will:
• Give you a good understanding of the ethics, principles and patterns of permanent design
• Cover sustainable living systems for a wide variety of landscapes and climates
• Convey a general understanding of a wide range of common strategies and techniques
• Explore the implications of social change towards ecological sustainability
• Assist each student to access resources required to actively take the course philosophy and methodology into their future life.
About the tutors:
Daniel Tohill: Daniel has worked for over 30 years as a landscape/permaculture designer and environmental consultant with a propensity toward ecological designs that have won him awards for his innovative work. His design and teaching work has taken him all over the country and occasionally abroad, doing over 1000 small and large landscape designs in rural and urban areas plus a diverse range of specialist projects, such as schools, farms, biological
swimming pools, Papakainga developments.
Trish Allen: Trish and her late husband Joe Polasicher founded the iconic, award-winning Rainbow Valley Farm in 1988 on permaculture principles and ethics. The farm inspired thousands of people over 25 years in sustainable living and demonstrated the principles of permaculture in action. Trish has now moved on and established a village-scale model of permaculture and shares her knowledge by teaching permaculture-related courses and workshops.
Contact: Daniel Tohill
Ph 4312577 - 027 2895550
Or Trish Allen 09 422 9422 021 2034510